Saturday, July 18, 2015

Summer Clothes- Maxi Dresses

Summer is usually hot. Like, 'can I just walk around in my swimsuit all day?' hot. Of course, this makes it harder to stay modest.






One of my staples for summer is maxi dresses. I LOVE them. I may or may not own 7 or more. :)
They are cute, comfy, and don't get super hot like pants. (plus they double as swim cover-ups) The only thing is that most maxi dresses don't have sleeves. Downeast to the rescue! Throw a shade shirt under, and your maxi dress is modest. (Another option is to wear a sweater over it, but that could get hot in the summer. You choose.)



The day I wore this was rainy, so I opted to go with the jacket.



The other nice thing about maxi dresses is that they can be dressed up or down. For example, the above pictures is what I wore to church one day. You can dress it down by wearing a simple shade shirt under it. I get most of mine from TJMaxx so it may be hard to find these exact ones because they aren't "mainstream." I mentioned how a lot of maxi dresses don't have sleeves, but not all of them are that way. This is one of mine that does.


I also recently got this maxi dress from Down East. (This isn't me wearing it)

LittleMissFearless_DownEast Grey Easy Going Maxi Dress 6

I love it! Maxi dresses are the perfect way to wear summer and they are easy to find.

Loving Modesty,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment